WHAKAMAUA KIA TINA
Whaia Kia Mau Rawa
TE TIROHANGA WHAKAMUA
The whanau desires the Kura to be a turangawaewae (a place of belonging)
- that supports the revitalization of Te Reo Maori
- where the principles of Te Aho Matua permeates in all aspects of Kura life
- which nurtures the mind, spiritual, emotional and physical needs of everyone
- where the values of the Kura are promoted, encouraged and flourish
- of quality learning and teaching where all tamariki succeed and strive for excellence
- where whanau members including tamariki and kaimahi are empowered, valued, supported and promotes a sense of togetherness (pride, collaboration and unity)
- where reflection encourages, guides and informs future success
Te Tū Rangatira
NGA WHAINGA ARATAKI
1. NGĀ TIKANGA MAORI – MAORI CUSTOMS & TRADITIONS
To foster, promote and give emphasis to Tikanga Maori, Maori customs and Maori knowledge. The whanau has established 3 targets to support tamariki to achieve this goal. The areas of focus are Mau rakau, Whakapapa and Kapa Haka.
2. TE PĀNUI – LITERACY
To provide a high-quality Literacy programme in order to raise the Te Reo Maori literacy achievement levels of all tamariki. The whanau has established 2 targets to support tamariki to achieve this goal. The areas of focus are reading & writing.
3. TE POUTAMA TAU – NUMERACY
To provide a high-quality Numeracy programme in order to raise the numeracy achievement levels of all tamariki. The whanau has established 2 targets to support tamariki to achieve this goal. The areas of focus are: basic facts and place values.
4. TE WHAKAMANA WHANAU – WHANAU EMPOWERMENT
To provide an environment that empowers all whanau members to participate in activities of the Kura. The whanau has identified 3 targets to support this goal. The areas of focus for 2011 – 2013 continue to encourage communication, education and participation in activities of the Kura, thus empowering whanau.
5. KIA HANGA TE TAIAO AKORANGA – BUILDING A LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
To provide a conducive and safe learning environment for all tamariki. The whanau has identified 3 targets to support this goal. The areas of focus are; Health & Safety and Property.
6. ESTABLISHING A WHAREKURA
To provide an environment that will offer the opportunity to extend the learning of tamariki to the full range of Wharekura in an environment to which they are accustomed. The whanau has identified 1 target to support this. The area of focus is full Kura Arongatahi.
To provide an opportunity and an innovating experience for tamariki to explore and support in detail the marautanga. The whanau has identified 3 targets to support this goal. The areas of focus are; Te Reo, Tikanga-a–Iwi and Whakawhanaungatanga.